Colegio Público Sta. Eulalia de Mérida

Proyecto de TIC



Credenciales actuales
Usuario: invitado
Perfil: invitado

Menú vertical

Búsqueda en el Blog

Escriba una palabra clave que esté contenida en el titular del artículo a buscar.

Últimos comentarios

Estás en: Inicio  > Servicios Web > Talleres ⁄ Blogs > Primary English blog


Blog: Primary English blog


lunes, 03 de diciembre de 2018


(0 comentarios)


Image source: Loving London

The Queen Elizabeth II owns lots of palaces and mansions, but the most impressive of them is Buckingham Palace, the official London residence of the UK’s sovereigns since 1837.
How is it? 

It's awesome, isn't it? If you want to know some special facts about the Palace, watch this...!

But the best is going inside and have a look at it. Let's go!


miércoles, 19 de septiembre de 2018


(3 comentarios)



Image source: nationalcollege.co.uk
Education depends where you live in the UK: England, Scotland, Northern Ireland… It can be different (some things can change, like the dates of school holidays…), but there is a shared detail: all the students wear their uniforms.
Image source:dailymirror.co.uk
Time at school is divided into three stages: Pre-school, Primary and Secondary education.
Nursery, Kindergarten or Pre-school is when you first start at school around three and five.
Primary education is generally from the age of around 5 to 11, staying there until children finish Year Six.
Secondary education is usually from the age of 11 to 16, although you may decide to stay in school till you are 18.

Children around the country go to different kinds of schools, too. There are two main types of schools: those that are paid for by the government (State Schools) and those which aren't (Public or Private Schools, such as Eton, that is very famous, gracious and expensive -around £34,000 (€38,000) per year and that’s without the uniform!).
Image source: Woldingham School - www.best-schools.co.uk
About 35% of pupils eat school lunches, but the other 65% of pupils carry packed lunches from home. A typical packed lunch contains a sandwich, a piece of fruit, a chocolate bar or a yoghurt and sometimes crisps.  And some healthy drink, like water, of course.

Image source. express.co.uk

domingo, 22 de abril de 2018


(0 comentarios)


Source: teachradar

Last week, between 4 and 15 April, the Commonwealth Games took place in The Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia, a beautiful place for its beaches.

These games are for countries in The Commonwealth (a group of countries that were part of the UK many years ago and still have the Queen of England).

Source: perth.wa.gov.au

There were 6,000 athletes from 71 countries like the UK, Australia (obviously), New Zealand, South Africa or Canada... and there were 22 sports like swimming, cycling, running, basketball... 
They are every four years, so... see you in 2022!!


miércoles, 11 de abril de 2018


(0 comentarios)


Source: www.royal.uk
Elizabet II, "Her Majesty", -only she is "HM" because the rest of the Royal Family members are "HRH" (stands for His or Her Royal Highness), has got two birthdays: one of them on 21st of April (her personal birthday) and the other (the official) on 11th of June because the weather in Britain is better in that month.
This year she celebrates her ninety-second birthday and she is the Queen of the United Kingdom and the other Commonwealth realms since sixty-six years ago when her father, George VI, suddenly died. 
She is the longest-lived and longest-reigning British monarch, more than her great-great-grandmother: Queen Victoria.
She is also head of the Church of England. 
(Coronation of Queen Elizabeth II -1953) - Source: dailyrecord
Her family name is Windsor.
Her favourite sports are fishing or horse riding and horse racing. She likes horses. She also owns a number of dogs: corgis, because she loves them!
Maybe in the future her eldest son Prince Charles will become King after her and after him in the "line of succession" goes his son, Prince William. 
Meanwhile: "God save the Queen".


jueves, 18 de enero de 2018


(0 comentarios)



If you want to taste a simply delicious dessert, then this is yours: the trifle. A pudding that has been on British tables for more than four centuries.
Watch it step by step.

And now, you are ready to cook like a real chef. Pay attention to these recipes and try to make some of them. Enjoy!!
© Colegio Público Sta. Eulalia de Mérida, 2011-2018.
Propiedad de los contenidos del sitio a favor del titular del sitio web, el cual se reserva todos los derechos. Las intervenciones generadas por los usuarios en comentarios y foros son de su única propiedad y responsabilidad
Sitio web desarrollado usando TriskelCMS  Licencia Creative Commons
TriskelCMS por M. Raúl Fernández se encuentra bajo una Licencia Creative Commons Atribución-NoComercial-SinDerivadas 3.0 Unported.